We get it. Busy life means a lot of house cleaning goes by the wayside. But cleaning your house doesn’t have to be a big to-do.
Just as organizing and decluttering is vital for your mental health, it’s important to sanitize the air and surfaces for the betterment of your physical health. So instead of saving up all of your cleaning for a full day’s work on a weekend, embrace newer techniques like the clean as you go method.
With the help of a plan and regular use of Fresh Wave odor eliminators, cleaning can be more manageable if you build it into everyday life.
What is the "Clean as You Go" Principle?
Instead of tasking all of your household cleaning at once, “clean-as-you-go” means you clean as needed, or as you go about your day. This method saves you a lot of time (and elbow grease) in the end, as you’re not just waiting for surfaces to get filthy before you give them a scrub down.
You won’t be bogged down by the overwhelming feeling of needing to dedicate an entire day to cleaning every single room in your home.
How to Clean As You Go
Cleaning as you go shouldn’t be daunting. In fact, the more you do it, the more it should become a daily habit you don’t even have to think about — like getting dressed in the morning or brushing your teeth.
Check out some of our favorite clean-as-you-go tips (by room) to get started.
Mindful Clean As You Go Tips (By Room)
- Living Areas
- Other Areas
Kitchens are notoriously dirty, especially if you fail to clean up after cooking or eating. Follow these tips immediately after meals:
- Wash and dry your dishes right after you’re done eating, as opposed to letting the sink pile up with dirty dishes from the day.
- Store leftovers in proper containers.
- As soon as your trash can and recycling bins are full, take it outside. Don’t wait for trash day.
- Wipe down countertops, stove tops, and microwaves after every meal prep.
- Clear the table after every meal.
- Spray your kitchen sink with Fresh Wave after every dishwashing to remove the smell of food.
Whether it’s for brushing your teeth, putting on makeup, or any other business, it’s much better when the bathroom is tidy. Follow these tips:
- Wipe the bathroom sink clean after doing your hair, brushing your teeth, or shaving.
- Spray your shower or tub and shower curtain or door with a daily cleaner after every use to eliminate watermarks and mold buildup.
- Bonus tip: Clean your toothbrush holder and the bottom of your toothbrush after every brush. This helps eliminate moisture and excess toothpaste buildup.
- Refill the toilet paper roll as soon as it’s empty.
Although the bedroom can seem a bit more orderly than the kitchen or bathroom, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be using the clean-as-you-go method. For a better rest and relaxation, make sure to put into practice these clean-as-you-go tips for the bedroom:
- Make your bed as soon as you wake up in the morning.
- Fold pajamas neatly and put them away.
- Take back any used dish ware from your nightstand to the kitchen.
- Leave a passive odor remover in your bathroom, like Fresh Wave Gel, to continuously keep the room fresh.
The place where you spend most of your time at home should be for entertainment and enjoying the space, not for cleaning. That’s why we have a few proven tips for you here using the clean-as-you-go principle:
- If you notice crumbs or hair on the floor, vacuum or sweep up immediately.
- Fold blankets and organize pillows after every lounge session on the couch.
- Put away toys, books, games, and other items after each use.
- Quickly deodorize in the morning, afternoon, and before bed to keep the room smelling fresh. Fresh Wave Odor Removing Spray is perfect for this!
From the laundry room to the home office to the mud room to garage, other spaces in your home get messy quickly. Use these clean-as-you-go tips and thank us later:
- Toss dirty laundry in hampers, not on the floor or bed.
- Dry your clothes immediately after washing, to avoid bacteria growth. Fresh Wave Odor Removing Laundry Booster adds an extra level of freshness!
- Fold and put away your clothes as soon as possible to avoid wrinkles and unnecessary piles.
- Organize your work desk at the end of the day by sorting papers, notebooks, and folders.
- Wipe down your keyboard, phone, and computer screens when you notice smudges or fingerprints.
- After working outside, put away tools, gardening equipment, and other items in appropriate storage.
- Collect and dump excess grass when mowing the lawn.
- Empty your vacuum as soon as you notice it’s full. And if it smells musty, try our Fresh Wave Odor Removing Vacuum Beads.
- Clean any pet beds and litter boxes and any bathroom accidents ASAP. Our Fresh Wave Odor Removing Orange Pet Spray does the trick!
- If you have youngsters, throw out dirty diapers immediately, too!
And of course, the general rule of thumb when practicing the clean as you go method, is to pick up anything on the floor or on surfaces, put away objects in their proper place, and clean any spills, as soon as you see them!
How To Make the Most Out of the Clean As You Go Principle
It can be difficult to fully take advantage of the clean as you go method if you’re not equipped with the proper cleaning tools and products. At Fresh Wave, our cleaning products are natural, safe, and effective for all of your cleaning needs.
Don’t create more of a headache for yourself by spraying chemicals into the air or onto surfaces in your home. Shop Fresh Wave products and follow our tips for cleaning guides to make your space more inviting.